Saturday 24 May 2014

Chugged

You have 15 minutes to comply, apparently...
Prepare yourself for a push and a shove.

This week is Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (UK)’s PWS Awareness Week.
Families of children and adults with PWS have been talking about the rare chromosome disorder in their workplaces, at schools, and all over social media, in an effort to raise its profile. Lots of people have gone to a lot of effort organising a variety fundraising events, and they should be saluted.

But I am not skydiving. I’m not going to bungee jump. I’m not baking, dieting, being silent, walking, running, or trekking along the Great Wall Of China. I’m not making a Just Giving Page. I’m not setting a target and I’m not drawing a thermometer. I do not want you to sponsor me.

All I’ve done this week is write a blog entry a day instead of one week or so, like I usually do.

I really am a right lazy arse.

But here’s the thing. If you’re reading this, it means you probably park your arse on my lazy arse blog every now and again. So I’m just asking for a little favour. An annoying Public Radio kind of cash-based favour. Yes, you are being chugged*. (*This means Charity Mugged, apparently, not gulped down in one like a Yard of Ale. And nope, I’m not doing a sponsored Yard of Ale, that’s just a hobby).

This is what I'm asking: If you want to, if you are able to, please make a donation to the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association UKGo directly to their donation page, and give them some dosh. I’m cutting out the middle man, here. Fundraising websites won’t slice off any percentages, I don’t need any money to pay for goose fat to slather all over me as I swim the Channel, and I don’t want to know who’s donating and how much. 

I cannot adequately tell you how important the work this charity does is to people with PWS and their families. 

The money will go directly to the PWSA, which means it will directly help people with Prader-Willi Syndrome. People like my daughter. Look at her, up there, on the bouncy castle. Cute, isn't she? 

Don't force me to use my back-up picture of baby otters.

Thank you.


Song is The Meters - Chug Chug Chug-A-Lug (Push And Shove)


2 comments:

  1. Well as she is super cute and I read your blog avidly and scarlett is also the sweetest thing ever I guess I will-and thanks for not showing pics of you slathered in blubber swimming the channel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it, I wouldn't need the goose fat, as I am naturally slathered in enough of my own blubber. And with that enduring image, I'll say thanks, Hannah. We must meet up soon so our two girls can have a Cute-Off.

      Delete