Saturday 7 April 2012

Basking

A while back, we had a great trip down to London, where my daughter met musician Piney Gir after a free afternoon gig at The Union Chapel, in Islington.

Piney has just written about the 'Daylight Session' show on her blog, where she very kindly gave my girl a lovely mention.

I just showed the piece to my rather thrilled teenager. She stood looking over at the computer screen over my shoulder, reading it out aloud. Then she spotted the picture of her and Piney taken just after the show. She gasped and her eyes went boggly. "Is that me, mum? Am I on a pop star's website?" she asked. Once I'd confirmed this was, indeed, the case, she disappeared upstairs to put Piney's CD on her stereo.

I think what my daughter is doing is known as 'basking in glory'.

Video is The Piney Gir Country Roadshow - Lucky Me

No comments:

Post a Comment