My daughter is 13 years old today. My sweet, odd, wonky, wonderful daughter is a teenager.
She's not your typical teen:
- She still believes in Father Christmas
- She asked for a Tinkerbell duvet cover for a present
- She never really wants to stay up past 8.30pm
- She's never been allowed out of an adult's sight on her own
- She's not got a mobile phone
- She hardly ever answers back
- She thinks Doctor Who is just about the monsters
- She doesn't do status updates, texts or messaging, although she does send emails on her iPod Touch, at a rate of about one paragraph per 20 minutes
- She's never got drunk on alcopops in the park
- She always eats everything on her plate, even Brussels sprouts
- She keeps her bedroom very tidy
- She still wants to hold your hand when you walk down the street.
It's been interesting getting from Ground Zero to Teen Queen.
I've a feeling it's going to be even more interesting getting from here to her 18th birthday.
Bring it on.
Video is a Kevin & Perry clip from the Harry Enfield show
Video is Teenage Fanclub - About You